Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors

November 14, 2019, 2:18 pm UTC    
November 13, 2018 08:23PM
By gawd I do believe that Heinrich was completely submerged by his jealousy that it wasn't he who had made some of these discoveries. He is off to the races on the issue of whether or not these maps are imperfect copies of far more accurate originals, and seems to totally ignore the much more central fact that the Oronteus Map of 1532 not only shows some form of integral something at the southern pole, but that what it shows actually bears a decent resemblance to what is actually currently there! Each of these are mind-boggling findings, especially given the date.

The Buache map, although appearing some 200 years later, is merely a bit of a further mind-boggle on two counts - first that it would seem to be notably LESS accurate than the Oronteus Map of two centuries previous, and second, that the split it shows between the two land masses is in remarkably close agreement with what IS ACTUALLY THERE UNDER the ice. [io9.gizmodo.com]
There is a ton of 'splaining that one would need to do regardless of which these two options one decides to pursue.

Mr. Heinrich has been clearly unnerved by his being confronted with something that, for some reason, has thrown a box full of spanners into his view of the history of the world. Rather than address the elephant in the room, it strikes me that he is off tilting at windmills - and unconvincingly, I might add.

Thanks for these links, Hermione.
Subject Author Posted

Relics of lost continents found under Antarctica

Hermione November 12, 2018 10:50AM

Re: Relics of lost continents found under Antarctica

L Cooper November 13, 2018 11:04AM

Hermione November 13, 2018 12:45PM

L Cooper November 13, 2018 05:16PM

Hermione November 13, 2018 05:43PM

L Cooper November 13, 2018 08:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login