> > science.
>
>
>
> "Second, I need to work up a battery of replicable
> measurements that I can take on the 3D models that
> will capture aspects of functional and/or
> stylistic variation."

As usual you're confused. Field archeology is observational science. You can dig up Tutankhamun's tomb exactly once.

Experimental archeology is replicatable. You can do all the experiments you want trying to figure out how they made his coffin. HTH>
>
> Perhaps that is why Dr. White is on tenure track
> teaching archaeology at a major university and why
> others,

Good for Dr. White he certainly deserves it.

shall we say, work at home...underfunded,
> can't get grant money, and can't get published in
> a peer-reviewed (free journal)?

Who said I'm underfunded? I budget the money to test the hypothesis and go from there. As far as grant money goes. Why should I put on the strait jacket that goes with grant money? As far as working at home it's fabulous, I'm my own boss, I don't have to worry about layoffs, showing up late, falling asleep on the job or getting sued by a subordinate.

So I haven't gotten published? There's tens of thousands of people that haven't been published I'm just one more person in the crowd. My stuff on Academia.edu has gotten more hits than the peer reviewed refereed material.
>
> "Re: Evaluating claims for an early peopling of
> the Americas: experimental design and the Cerutti
> Mastodon site"...I wonder why the authors were
> trying to replicate the broken bones they found at
> the site with tests of their own, are you saying
> they don't know what they are doing?

Another strawman argument. Of course they know what they're doing and we'll have to see what they're findings demonstrate.

Subject Author Posted

Evaluating claims for an early peopling of the Americas: experimental design and the Cerutti Mastodon site

Hermione June 15, 2019 02:09AM

Re: Evaluating claims for an early peopling of the Americas: experimental design and the Cerutti Mastodon site

Hermione June 15, 2019 02:12AM

Re: Evaluating claims for an early peopling of the Americas: experimental design and the Cerutti Mastodon site

Lee Olsen June 15, 2019 03:00PM

Rick Baudé June 15, 2019 03:33PM

Lee Olsen June 15, 2019 05:17PM

Rick Baudé June 15, 2019 06:36PM

Rick Baudé June 15, 2019 06:56PM

Lee Olsen June 16, 2019 07:24AM

Rick Baudé June 19, 2019 11:34AM

Lee Olsen June 21, 2019 09:06PM

Rick Baudé June 21, 2019 09:38PM

Lee Olsen June 21, 2019 11:05PM

Rick Baudé June 26, 2019 08:57PM

Lee Olsen June 26, 2019 09:42PM

Rick Baudé June 26, 2019 09:46PM

Lee Olsen June 27, 2019 04:59AM

Rick Baudé June 27, 2019 12:53PM

Lee Olsen July 03, 2019 09:52AM

Lee Olsen June 16, 2019 08:07AM

Rick Baudé June 15, 2019 11:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login