Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors

October 19, 2019, 9:22 am UTC    
May 02, 2019 02:55PM
I am as sure as Petrie that the top of the long walls of the KC were intended to be slightly shorter than the bottom of said walls. Smyth refuted this claim in describing Petrie's analysis as 'horrible'.

I have been sent the reason for this having published a contrary opinion, and I have to agree with my critic, but cannot disclose the reason as it is not my theory.

Petrie revised his opinion on the length of the cubit in his second edition as I have pointed out to you before.

I have a model of the Khufu's sarcophagus and every dimension is with a millimetre of either Smyth's measurement or Petrie's measurement. My statistical analysis yields a cubit length of 20.622 inches.

The length of the cubit is a secondary matter, because, as Petrie pointed with so many different possible lengths for the cubit, the objective is to propose a model and then check how closely the model conforms to other estimates of the cubit in order to judge whether or not the model is likely, knowing full well there is likely to be some build error.

If my model is correct then it doesn't necessarily give the length of the cubit because the analysis yields a cubit to reduce errors to minimum:
Simply by adding all the theoretical dimensions and diving by the sum of all the measured dimensions.
The value is 20.622 or 20.623 inches for both Petrie and Smyth.

Today I was at an engineering company where they checked my model using CAD a few months ago. I have a quote for a 3D print model, but it is expensive.

Remarkably, the internal volume of the open sarcophagus was found to be equal to the volume of a sphere with a diameter of 2½ Egyptian pyramid cubits. Its internal depth is unusually deep and actually precisely 2/3 times the theoretical diameter. As such the internal area is equal to a circle with a diameter of 2½ pyramid cubits. Moreover, its irregular length and breadth yield a diagonal of precisely 4 pyramid cubits.

But there is much more, with evidence that the 8/9 ratio in RMP was known. There are some squares which would fascinate you:

eg Calculate the area of a square equal to the circular holes for the locking bolts from the 8/9 ratio.

Mark

Subject Author Posted

Which Survey?

jacob boaz April 12, 2019 04:21PM

Re: Which Survey? (Master Stones)

Mark Heaton April 28, 2019 11:29AM

jacob boaz April 30, 2019 02:18PM

Mark Heaton May 02, 2019 02:55PM

Re: Which Survey? (Pendulum / Pi)

Mark Heaton May 04, 2019 03:15AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login